Executive coaching is a powerful tool used by a growing number of leaders. In today’s economy, CEO’s, Executives and Senior Managers are often under pressure to deliver better profits, faster turnarounds and more effective people management. An Executive coach will coach clients as they challenge themselves, question their leadership styles, get a deeper sense of self-awareness and learn better self-management.
Executive coaches provide a confidential and supportive sounding board for their clients. They ask questions, challenge assumptions, help provide clarity, provide resources to help a client gain self-awareness, clarify goals, achieve their development objectives, unlock their potential.
Coaching provides the space for you to stop and think and really focus on what’s important to you. It’s about helping you move from a stuck or challenging place to a place where you can find your own solutions.Some of the common benefits experienced by the individual include:
• Enhanced strategic planning
• Increased confidence
• Leadership development
• Quicker decision making
• Self-awareness and self-regulation
• Better communication with team members
• Better work-life balance
• Better time-management
• Greater productivity
The purpose of team coaching is to drive the team towards accomplishing a goal, whether it be completing a particular project, starting a new business unit or meeting sales efforts. Team coaches are brought in to work with teams to help accelerate their performance.The “team” could be one that is already established, newly created with the intention of long-term development, or a short-term project team.
The coach serves as both coach and facilitator and establishes a climate of trust and confidentiality for each member of the team to maximize the benefit of this format.
A team coach will assist a team in staying on track to accomplish their goal. Depending on the situation and topic, this could include:
• Facilitating team meetings
• Establishing expectations through a team charter
• Develop mutual understanding and trust
• Ensuring each team member is clear on his or her role(s)
• Maintaining accountability for individuals
• Managing productive conflict
• Enhance their ability to work together (including cross-culturally and remotely)
• Increase their awareness of current team performance
• Become conscious of personal strengths, weaknesses, preferences and the implications for teamwork
• Foster creativity and leverage diverse viewpoints to effectively address complex business challenges
• Develop their commitment around a common purpose and concrete action plans
It is important that team coaching creates a spirit of honesty and collaboration, and encourages an appreciation of different working styles and individual talent within teams. As a result it leads to better working relationships, greater levels of trust and significant improvements in team performance and delivery.
Career coaching is a type of personal coaching that helps people find greater fulfillment in their careers by establishing professional goals, creating a plan and overcoming obstacles that may be in the way.
Coaching involves dialogue between a coach and a client with the aim of helping the client obtain a fulfilling life. This is achieved by helping the client establish what is important to them and by clarifying their values. With the client’s input the coach co-creates value based goals and a plan to achieve them. Through collaboration, the coach supports the client to achieve these goals.
Career coaching helps professionals at all levels advance in their career and reach fulfillment, whether you’re looking to work abroad, land a specific job, receive a promotion or completely change your career.
Your coach will support you to take action, focusing on specific goals and moving you out of the comfort zones that get in the way of you achieving your goals. Whether you need help deciding on a career path or guidance to help you advance your career, we can help you. We’ll work together to build short, medium and long term goals.
You may be interested in career coaching if you’re :
• Trying to find the right career path
• In your first 6 months in a new role
• Newly promoted in a role
• Interested in career progression
• Considering a career change
• Stuck in a rut in your current job
• Looking to improve your performance